Thursday, December 24, 2009

Glass Tiles for the Bathroom...


So I got my tiles back from the waterjet cutter yesterday. I think I squealed with delight when I saw them. I'm so pleased with the way they turned out. I'm fire polishing some of them right now in the kiln. Once they're all done they'll be assembled on some mesh to make it easier to install. These are just accents. But I think they're going to look great next to the white subway tiles we're using for the rest of the tub/shower area. There will be pictures as soon as we get that far.

Now for those of you that are wondering what the heck is a waterjet cutter? It's an actual cutting device that uses water to cut glass or metal or plastic...and I believe these types of machines are used to also cut diapers and food. All sorts of things are cut with these things. It uses water. So you can have different shapes cut out of glass with it. For this project the pieces were cut into squares and rectangles. Much better than I could do on my own. They're perfect! And with a bit of fire polishing they will look absolutely fabulous! Can't wait to share more pictures than these...love the dichro too!

No comments:

Post a Comment