Friday, December 4, 2009

A fresh place to talk about glass...


I have a couple of blogs I write for. My other, pixie industries, which tends to be about what I'm up to and the classes and shows I've got going on and the craftgossip.com blog where I'm the Glass Arts Editor. My plans for this blog are evolving as are many interesting things in my glass life right now. I like to think this place will be a combination of the two blogs. Glass info and glass info about me or regarding glass endeavors I'm involved in.

I'm a lover of all forms of glass but do spend most of my time making glass beads. Cute beads...pretty beads...kitschy fun beads...I teach bead making too. But I'm expanding my horizons. Well, I've been fusing glass a bunch lately. Even just put back together my ring saw to cut up what I've fused. I've been a fuser for years but my space hasn't allowed me to do it to the scale I've wanted to. So I've been able to spread out a bit lately and getting more glass done because of it. I need to since my current project is adding pretty art glass to my shower/tub area. I'm so excited! Lots of dichro too. But the design will be more subtle than that just sounded. The fancy tiles will be incorporated with clean white subway tiles. I expect this to be a lovely project that I'll share with you guys, my new readers.

I've also got a few pieces to make for an upcoming art show I'm participating in. I'm doing some lighting. That should be fun too. Once the opening date is secured I'll pass the info on to.

I hope this blog for glass will become a place to encourage creativity and provide the information that all of you other glass addicts will find useful. Glass is so important to me and I know so many wonderful people that feel the same way. I will profile them and share their love of glass with you too. This should be a really amazing adventure. Join the ride. And please follow too!

No comments:

Post a Comment