Friday, December 18, 2009

Finally...Contemporary Lampworking III in Prduction - Pre-order it Now!


I'm stealing my blog from craftgossip.com because this is big glass news. That is if you love your torch. And I love my torch. I'm taking a bead break right now. Must get back to the dichro...between baking some cookies. He a girls gotta have some sweet treats sometimes. Haven't you seen my cupcakes? So the news...as it's fit to print!

It's in production!!! Contemporary Lampworking Volume III by Bandu Dunham. This is pretty exciting stuff if you're a lampworker...you know a torchworker...you like to play with fire and glass. It's been years since the second volume came out so I really can't wait to see the newest edition. I have both of the previous editions in my glass book library and reference them both often. They're not just about bead making. No, it's all aspects of lampworking. Safety and studio set-up, color mixing, tubing working, borosilicate, beads, vessels...the new edition should be amazing. Over on the web site they're previewing bits of it so go check it out. And you can pre-order it too.

I mentioned this in my last blog, but tomorrow is my last bead making class for 2009. There have been a bunch of classes in 2009. All over the greater LA area. Lighthouse Stained Glass has hosted quite a few of them but there was also a couple at Home Ec and a two day at The Mandrel and a couple at Hands on Third while I was artist in residence there. I'm probably taking my class over to Santa Monica sometime in early 2010 over at Beadnik's on Arizona. I've got a macrame class there next month. And I'll be back to Home Ec...doing macrame owls there next month. Lighthouse will be on my list of venues so if you're in Hollywood that a good place to go. And there are always the private session I conduct in my studio. Let me know if you're interested. Those are a little bit more expensive but well worth the attention you'll get. So 2010 plans to be a big glass year. I know I'm excited. All kinds of classes, all kinds of glass fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment