Thursday, December 17, 2009

Corning and Their Glass Food and Other Stuff...


Yesterday on the blog I write for at craftgossip.com I wrote about the glass food that was created for a holiday shin dig Corning Museum was putting on. It's their monthly event 2300 degrees Homecookin' they had this evening. I have to share what the table looked like once it was dressed. The food was created by glass artist Erik Meek and I have to say I've never seen anything like this. Amazing!!

I've got a class Saturday with a couple of spaces still open. Last chance to learn bead making until at least February. It's over at Lighthouse Stained Glass in Hollywood. Call up to sign up...323.465.4475. It's always a good time.

And Sunday is the last Silverlake Art Craft and Vintage of the holiday season! And I'll be there with bells and whistles. Not really any bells or whistles. Just beads and jewelry and a smile on my face. Come on down between 10-4 over at the Citibank parking lot at the corner of Silverlake and Glendale Blvds. They won't have another until January 31, 2010. Can you believe it's almost 2010? Amazing!! Word of the day!!

Sent off some tiles of glass I fused to be waterjet cut for my bathroom re-do. Can't wait to see them. I'll share pictures. I'm having the pieces cut into 3 sizes, 1" x 1", 1" x 2" and 2" x 2". They will then be assembled into strips about 3" tall to add to the subway tiles in the bathroom as accents. I'm crossing my fingers they'll be fabulous!

Are you going to be needing fresh beads for the new year? Got a big bead show coming up for all of you Southern California locals. The Pasadena Bead and Design Show over at the Pasadena Hilton. It's a 4 day bead extravaganza!!! Come on down!And if there's anything specific you're looking for don't hesitate to drop me an email @ beadbrains@sbcglobal.net.

I will be launching my new web site as of the first of the year that will be affiliated with this blog. New adventures in web stuff. More glass than beads but I won't forget the beads. I'm planning a page with beads for sale but there will be also be some fused stuff and other glass goodies I'm working on. New things for the new year!! And all super exciting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment