Wednesday, January 27, 2010

CHA and a New Glass Bead Making Class Scheduled


Today was the last day of CHA, The Craft and Hobby Association Show down in Anaheim. Disneyland is spittin' distance away. So I'm there for my macrame book but my heart is there for the glass and stuff I can write about that's related to glass. I saw Paula Radke and her lovely dichroic glass and there was the Streuter booth that sells fabulous adhesives for stained glass, mosaic and fusing. Bart Streuter was telling me the mosaic mesh was created cause Leigh Adams told him to. I believe it. She used it for her Arboretum project, The Dream Snake (I made lampworked components for the eyes). Cool sticky products. Then I talked with the Amate Studios booth. Saw them last year amongst the Paris Hilton madness. Their booth was across from hers. They sell pendants that can be used with resin and stuff like that. They're little frames and this year they had so many more shapes and sizes and some had deeper cavities so I'm seeing fused glass in those bad boys. Fun potential. And then today in the last moments of the show I hung out in the Mosaic Mercantile booth and was lucky enough to get some samples. I'm going to try to melt down some of the tiles to see what happens and then get back to them on that. We'll see what happens...and then I'll write about it. So now we wait for CHA in 2011. We'll see if I'll be promoting my new glass book that I'm pitching next week. Cross your fingers.

Now for some exciting bead making class news. I have a two day class coming up in March out in the west valley at The Beadiak in Agoura. It's scheduled for March 20-21 from 11-4. Two day classes are so cool because on day two you're a bead maker. It's a good thing. So sign up. Go on...you know you want to.

One last thing for the day, I'll have a booth at Glasscraft in Las Vegas April 9-11. All glass all the time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment