Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Glass Year!



Welcome 2010! New adventures ahead. On my blog post for craftgossip.com I sent out a question. What are your glass goals for 2010? So what are they? For myself it's all about new adventures. A studio. More teaching. More beads. More fusing. More mosaic. I'm ready. Are you?

Since my last post I've fire polished all the tiles for my bathroom re-do. They look so good!! Now I'm studying them for their placement. I've got them next to the subway tiles that will also be used for most of the tub area. I like the way they look together. What do you think? This is my first foray into tile making and I'm so happy with the way everything is coming along. It allows me to look forward to the prospects of designing lines of tiles that will be sold to the public. The swanky public since these guys can get very pricey. Part of my glass adventures. I'm starting to envision the new back splash for the kitchen...

I'm not going to neglect my beads. How can I? They can be pretty darn cute. So everyday I get on the torch in preparation for my show that is less than two weeks away in Pasadena. Please come down if you can. The Pasadena Bead and Design Show. I've been playing with alot of dichroic glass so there will be bunches of colorful pretty beads. And they sparkle too. But there will also be an abundance of sweet treats...cupcakes and pie slices and cakes and cake slices. Some donuts and sundaes too. And we must not forget some of the healthier fair such as strawberries and pears and other tasty fruits...

I've got a web site launching very soon that's connected to this blog. It's part of my new glass adventures. Information...stuff to buy...eventually tutorials and podcasts. It's very exciting, as the glass future. And since 2010 has finally arrived the future is now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment